Now that OpenBC, eh… Xing, no … Open Business Club AG is going public (remember Xing is just the brand of the platform), it was just a matter of time for LinkedIn to hold something against that. So they launched a promotion, their Markteintrittsangebot (market entry offer). It’s actually pretty simple and that’s what I like about it.
Nr. 1: If you invite one new member, you get their premium membership for free for a year plus a free job posting. And the person you invite will get the same thing. I have to admit that I already have my premium membership (thanks), but there is a second offer which is all the more interesting.
Nr. 2: If you invite 63 members in 4 months, you get the business plus premium account, which would cost you 1500 EURs. Ok, fine, but …You also become a member of the “German Gold Group” and will be ranked in there based on: How many people have accepted your invitation versus the number of invitations you sent, number of confirmed contacts, number of confirmed contacts of the members that you got to join, number of gotten and given recommendations fo collegues, seniority of your contacts and company size of the new contacts. Tough measurements. But the top 5 will be flown to california and can meet 5 people from the following list:
- Chad Hurley, Co-Founder YouTube (77)
- Jimmy Wales, Founder Wikipedia (51)
- Michael Moritz, Partner Sequoia (23)
- Caterina Fake, Co-Founder Flickr (171)
- Peter Thiel, Co-Founder PayPal (100)
- Dave Sifry, Co-Founder Technorati (237)
- Gil Penchina, VP International eBay (500+)
- Kevin Rose, Founder Digg (65)
- Peter Fenton, Partner Benchmark (58)
- David Hornik, Partner August Capital (377)
- Ross Mayfield, Co-Founder SocialText (280)
- Om Malik, Founder GigaOM (116)
- Andrew Anker, CEO HotWired (379)
- Dan Gillmor, Founder Citizen Media (156)
- Reid Hoffman, CEO and Chairman LinkedIn (500+)
Ok, now that’s cool. So if you are looking for a membership in LinkedIn and want to have a personal premium membership for free, then write me a short email at oliver at thylmann dot com and I’ll gladly invite you. It would of course be best if you are somebody with a huge rolodex of CEOs and World Leaders who will all become members.